Monday, February 13, 2012

WEARING AN ELEGANT MARTINI

Raring to Rant 'n Rave!

Time to RAVE...

The Norton Museum in West Palm Beach currently has an exhibit labeled, Cocktail Culture.

Basically, it's a collection of cocktail stuff (yeah, I'm technical).

I gawked in awe at exquisite evening attire, jewelry and mixology what-have-you (shakers, stemware,etc.).

It is a total RAVE!


But wait, there is a RANT. Oh, yes.

Why can't we spend SOME time being elegant these days?

Elegant is, well, elegant, right?

Let's all work together and be more of it, shall we?

I've already started as I coerced (not really) Gaz into purchasing that very, VERY groovy evening bag with a martini glass for me from the Norton Museum Gift Shop.

I'm ready to be elegant.

Won't you join me?

Post your opinion in COMMENTS...is elegant a RANT or a RAVE?

##

3 comments:

  1. Completely agree. The word elegance doesn't seem to exist in our hit and run society. Everyone is concerned about making a big splash and being loud. Whatever happened to quiet and understated? The person you see that you really can't read but know you want to get to know them. I long for those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The word understated is probably no longer even IN the dictionary. Everyone wants to be the STAR of YouTube, Twitter or a variety of cyber outlets. EPIC FAIL, mostly! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. I would settle for seeing a few people just dress DECENTLY when they travel or go out to dinner.

    ReplyDelete